Encouraging scriptures are vital when you are a mom. Every day, I am faced with the many challenges that being a mom comes with. Giving all of your love to your little people and then feeling like you take the brunt of their tantrums and bad moods. Or serving them all the while sacrificing your own wants, needs and desires, just for them to seem very ungrateful.
Yes, there are those wonderful moments when they wrap their arms around you and tell you how much they love you. Those are definitely moments to treasure. But a lot of the time, it’s really all about them and their needs.
Kids have a habit of doing that sometimes, don’t they? Taking you for granted and being selfish.
But in the midst of the seeming lack of love, gratitude, time for yourself, and the desire to be acknowledged, there is a God who has already known your troubles before you were even a mom. He has always provided encouraging scriptures in our time of need.
God Has Provided Support To You Through Encouraging Scriptures
Before you were born, before your own mother was born, or even 10 generations of mothers were born, He placed words of wisdom, strength and confidence at your disposal.
He brought you the ability to seek Him in the midst of the hardest of seasons as a mother and during the most amazing ones. He knows you inside and out and knew what you needed to hear long before you knew you didn’t need to hear them.
There are so many encouraging scriptures in the Bible that are not mother-specific that we could use, but I’m also going to use mother-specific verses for you to use. Now, the ones that I have chosen, you are probably familiar with or know them very well.
However, the beauty of God and His Word is that it is ALIVE! This means that what you read before, it may have just been a nice verse then, but it comes alive when it relates to a very specific season you are living in.
I love when I read a verse that I have read a million times before, all of a sudden come alive and become very relatable to my current circumstances. Friend, this is our Father reaching out and speaking to you in that time and place and in your current circumstance or best day!
It’s so amazing all of the ways He speaks to us! He knows that sometimes it can become very rough as a mom. He placed you in a very unique circumstance, with one of the best titles in the world, and protecting and raising people who will one day make a difference for His Kingdom.
How Scripture Comes To Life
1. “You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what He said” – Luke 1:45
Believe in faith that God has control and that He will take care of each season you go through. By believing you will be blessed.
2. “Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ.” – Colossians 3:24
Always remember that even though it seems like you are working so hard for no appreciation or gratitude, you are ultimately working for Christ. You may not get rewards here, but you’ll get them where they count the most!
3. “But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
God gives new strength that helps us get through the times when we are so tired from long nights with little ones or errands upon errands to drive around to. Just trust Him!
4. “Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him.” – Psalm 127:3
Don’t forget what a precious gift your children are to you. God chose you specifically to care for and raise them. He loves you and has rewarded you by being the caretaker of His children.
5. “My child, listen when your father corrects you. Don’t neglect your mother’s instruction. What you learn from them will crown you with grace and be a chain of honor around your neck.” – Proverbs 1:8-9
Don’t think that your instruction for your children are worthless or meaningless. Your words are the liking to beautiful jewelry that your children will wear displayed and valued.
6. “So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.” – Galatians 6:9
It is SO HARD being a mom. That is definitely an understatement. So often it’s exhausting having to always be guiding your children to do the right thing when they keep resisting.
It’s easy to give up and just let them do what they want. We go through different seasons with our children, and each season comes new life if we keep working hard. You will reap a bountiful harvest of good, Godly adult children one day, and it will all be due to you not giving up.
7. “The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.” – Lamentations 3:22-23
God is so faithful to you! If there are days when you feel like you just have screwed up as a mother, His mercies refresh every morning. You can wake up to a brand new day to start fresh. He continues to have great faith in you that never ends! Amen!
8. “Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.” – Proverbs 22:6
No matter what you do, stay consistent in teaching your children from God’s Word and telling them WHY God says what He says. You can have faith in knowing that they will stay true to Him in their adult age.
9. “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7
It’s so natural to always worry about your children and whether or not you are being a good mother. Often times we think about all of the ways that we can screw them up to where they won’t serve God as adults.
Peace of mind comes when you surrender all of your worry, stress and anxiety over to God. Don’t worry, He can take everything you’ve got. Let the peace that He gives you make it clear to you that you’ve got what it takes to be the mother He has called you to be.
I pray that you take these nine encouraging scriptures that I have shared with you will be a foundation of your motherhood. That these not only affirm to you, but sustain you, that you are the PERFECT mother for your children. That God has chosen you among everyone to care for those children that He has placed in your care.
No one else can do it. Even when there are days that you feel you have no idea what you’re doing, or so fearful that you are screwing everything up, just know that God’s peace and faithfulness will NEVER leave you. If you give God your time and attention, and He will keep your path straight.